The Hallie Q. Brown Early Learning Center (ELC) provides a safe, affordable learning environment for children of working parents and community residents on a sliding fee basis. The ELC:
- Is Four Star Parent Aware rated, the highest possible ranking
- Is accredited by the National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Is licensed for children 6 weeks-5 years
- Provides students with skills and tools to effectively prepare them for both Kindergarten and life beyond the classroom
- Accepts all forms of qualified public assistance.
- Year-round program
- Ages 6 weeks through 5 years
- Sliding fee scale and financial aid available
- Open Monday-Friday, 7am-6pm
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack provided
- Trained and licensed staff and teachers
The Hallie Q. Difference
What makes Hallie Q. Brown’s Early Learning Center (ELC) stand out from other child care centers? The answer can be summed up in three simple words: Respect. Acceptance. Compassion.
“I am so pleased at how much you guys have done for him,” said the grandmother of one ELC pre-school student as she dropped him off one morning. The child previously attended a different center for two years, where he was frequently sent home for bad behavior and told he would not be ready for Kindergarten on time because he was behind academically. After only a few months at Hallie Q. Brown, he now looks forward to coming to pre-school, likes interacting with the other kids, and is on track to start Kindergarten next fall.
“He just needed someone to actually care for him,” says Angie Goettl, Director of Education Programs at Hallie Q. Brown. “We take the time to figure kids out. Staff build relationship with parents to find out more about what will best help the kids. We meet people where they’re at.”
About our Director
Angie Goettl is director of the HQB Early Learning Center. She has over 25 years of experience in early childhood education. Angie has led the Early Learning Center through both expansion and accreditation, spearheading the effort to become NAEYC Accredited and 4-Star Parent Aware rated.
More Information and Tours
Please call 651-224-4601 for more information or to schedule a tour of the Hallie Q. Brown Early Learning Center.