Be the Hero. Fight Hunger
Support Hallie Q. Brown Community Center in the March Campaign against hunger!
About the March Campaign:
Each year Minnesota FoodShare, a program of the Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches, organizes the March Campaign – a grassroots food and fund drive that provides more than half the food distributed by 300 Minnesota food shelves throughout the state. Each dollar and pound donated is matched, and every dollar raised goes directly to food shelves to purchase food for the hungry.
Why focus on hunger?
- 1 in 10 Minnesotans – more than 500,000 people – experience food insecurity on a regular basis
- 13.8% of children in Minnesota are food insecure.
- Over 3,000,000 visits were made to Minnesota food shelves each year, 2011-2016, and
visits in 2017 were on pace to likely meet or exceed this number.
- Access to healthy food improves school performance for children
- Learn more hunger facts here
You can help the Hallie Q Brown Food Shelf during the 2018 March Campaign! There are three easy ways to support us:
1. Raise Funds to Fight Hunger
We have all the tools and ideas you’ll need for a fun and successful fundraising campaign:
- Hallie Q. Brown March Campaign Fundraising Ideas (Contact Dawn L. Selle)
- March Campaign Hunger Fact Sheet
- Stretch Your Donation poster
2. Host a Food Drive
- Food Drive in a Box Virtual Kit
3. Attend or Sponsor Hunger-Con
On Saturday, April 7th we’ll be wrapping up our March Campaign with an exciting event featuring Superheroes, Star Wars and Disney characters, comic books, costumes and giveaways. Suggested donation of one non-perishable food item per attendee.
Interested in sponsoring HungerCon and the March Campaign?