Be one of Hallie’s Heroes. Fight Hunger.
Support Hallie Q. Brown Community Center in the March Campaign against hunger!
Drop off donations Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, at 270 North Kent Street, Saint Paul.
March 1st – April 11th, 2021
About the March Campaign:
Each March, thousands of Minnesotans throughout the state collaborate to raise food and funds for their local food shelves and Minnesota FoodShare. Join individuals, businesses and corporations, schools, community organizations, and faith communities in helping Minnesota’s nearly 300 food shelves support over 3 million annual visits. Each dollar and pound donated is matched, and every dollar raised goes directly to food shelves to purchase food for the hungry.
Why focus on hunger?
- After years of steadily declining food insecurity rates, it was projected that food insecurity in Minnesota in 2020, impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, could rise to 13%.
- In 2020, 9% of Minnesotans had incomes below the poverty line ($25,926) for a family of four.
- Minnesota’s food shelves, food banks, and meal programs continue to run at capacity, with the COVID-19 pandemic only exacerbating this.
- Learn more hunger facts here.
You can help the Hallie Q Brown Food Shelf during the 2021 March Campaign! There are three easy ways to support us:
1. Raise Funds to Fight Hunger
We have all the tools and ideas you’ll need for a fun and successful fundraising campaign. For fundraising ideas, contact Dawn Selle, Director of External Affairs & Development: firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 224-4603.
2. Host a Food Drive
- How to Organize a Food Drive Guide
- 2021 promotional poster, including most-needed items
- March Campaign Hunger Fact Sheet
3. Attend or Sponsor Hunger-Con Drive-Thru
On Saturday, April 3rd, 2021, we’ll be wrapping up our March Campaign with an exciting drive-through event featuring superheroes, Star Wars, Harry Potter and Disney characters, pirates, game, activities, and prizes. Suggested donation (NOT required) of one non-perishable food item per attendee. This drive-through event is free and open to the public, 10am-12pm.
Interested in sponsoring HungerCon and the March Campaign?